Operator and Technician
Who are we looking for:
We are seeking a dedicated and professional packaging and filling machine operator who brings a high level of responsibility and dedication to the position. You must be vigilant and perceptive while operating the machinery to avoid accidents. We are also looking for a candidate who is efficient and quick, meeting daily quotas and being able to operate the machinery for several hours at a time. In addition to operating the machinery, you will complete administrative work at the end of your shift, weigh products you package and perform simple maintenance on the machines. Enter the fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing environment of our company.
Additionally, we are looking for an individual that can perform basic to intermediate maintenance and repairs on several types of equipment.
- Operate packaging machinery of several types at varying stages of the production line, performing actions quickly and safely at all times,
- Sort and weigh products after packaging to ensure requirements are met and no mistakes have been made,
- Apply labels and transfer products to the final shipping area, keeping them organized to aid in shipping crew’s job,
- Perceive the production line ahead of you to anticipate errors and make adjustments as needed to prevent slowing down more than necessary,
- Perform simple maintenance on your machine to ensure it is completely functional and safe to operate,
- Complete paperwork and other minor administrative tasks at the beginning and end of your shift, carefully ensuring all information is entered correctly and clearly,
- Support other machine operators to ensure no workers become fatigued or distracted during daily operation,
- Report malfunctions or errors to supervising staff immediately and relay important information about the issue,
- Install, repair, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance,
- Locate sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation,
- Dismantle machinery and remove/replace defective parts,
- Determine changes in requirements of parts by inspecting and measuring various instruments,
- Maintain inventories of equipment parts and supplies by checking stock and placing orders,
- Provide mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests,
- Prepare maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends,
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to work all shifts, including traditional workdays, mid or swing shift and the occasional weekend if needed,
- Capable of standing on your feet for long periods of time, up to 10 hours per day,
- Must have reliable transportation to work,
- Physical capability of regularly lifting up to 25-30kg to shoulder height and maneuvering 40+ kg, comfortable working at heights, in cramped spaces and awkward positions, and in hot or cold environments for an extended period of time,
- Ability to work in a noisy environment,
- Capable of following all safety procedures while working with potentially hazardous machinery, chemicals with the proper PPE and safeguards in place,
- Follow and comply with all brewery SOP’s, terms and conditions as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- 2+ years in production experience,
- 5+ years machine maintenance and repair experience,
- Experience with packaging equipment i.e.: bottling, canning and keg machinery preferred,
- Experience with automated or semi-automated production systems preferred,
- High school diploma or equivalent,
- Diploma or equivalent in mechanical repair and servicing,
- Trade references.